Techs get $2000 a week.

DAMN! I need to get caught up! Last night I was attending a field service seminar on a/c service. There were at least 100 technicians in attendance when I heard two service techs talking across the table from me. They were talking about the wages they receive. They both get $50 an hour.....as employee's wages. I said "WHAT??", and they looked at me and said "That's right!". We've got over 10 years experience in the field and we earn our wages. Then they asked me how many years have I been in the field and if I was at least getting the same. I sat back in my chair dazed and realizing that $3.39 for a gallon of gasoline might not be so bad after all. Then I snapped out of it when I remembered that a two-bedroom hovel here in Los Angeles cost over a half-million dollars

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

looked at me and said "That's

You probably got your chain yanked.

$27.46 in 2005 was at the high end of the scale at 90%

Median hourly earnings of heating, air-conditioning, and refrigera- tion mechanics and installers were $17.43 in May 2004. The middle

50 percent earned between $13.51 and $22.21 an hour. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $10.88, and the top 10 percent earned more than $27.11. - from
Union "package" around here is around $46
Reply to
Bill

A lot of companies are now paying by the job... So they might make $50 an hour, but not every hour.

Hell, we even have companies that are only charging $50/hr for their services.

Reply to
<kjpro

What world did they live in? "Logan&#39;s Run"?

Reply to
daytona°
2000/week 100K/yr is normal for supermarket mechanic here, most make more than that.
Reply to
shaun

Don&#39;t believe it until I see proof

Reply to