System 2000 Inducer Runs continuously

I have a Energy Kinetics System 2000 oil fired boiler in a home I recently purchased. The inducer ( a fan that draws air through the exhaust pipe in a chimmneyless installation) runs almost continuously instead of just when the burner is running. The inducer runs for about

20 minutes then will stop for 30-45 seconds usually, but occasionally the inducer will stop for up to a few minutes before running again.

As I understand it the inducer should come on when the burneris running and then continue to run for a few minutes after the burner stops.

If during the rare instances when the inducer is stopped I bump up the temp on the thermostat the burner and inducer (and circulator) will come on and run normally untill the temp is reached. The inducer will run for about 20 minutes after the burner stops and then stop for 30-45 seconds and then the inducer will start the on/off cycling again without the burner running.

Unfortunately, I have no schematic for the system and haven't heard back from Energy Kinetics when I asked for info.

I assume that there is a bad sensor/relay/timer circuit/?? that ties the inducer into the burner but thought I'd ask the experts before tearing the unit apart trying to fingure it out all by myself.

Any info you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Dennison

Reply to
jmd_forest

Call your installer/technician and ask him to diagnose and repair the system, and to perform any needed service and maintenance.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives