Stopping sound through cold air return in shared wall

I've got a bedroom that does not have a cold air return. It's the one that is furthest from the furnace, over the garage and exposed on three sides. There is a cold air return return on the other side of the wall it shares with the hallway. But before I cut a hole and put up a vent, I'd like to know what would be the best way to keep sound from the bedroom from going to the hallway and vice-versa. Should I intall the vent at a different height, build a vertical barrier between the two vents or what? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
fidelis.sic.permanet

What did your HVAC technician advise you to do?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Yeah, you might want to try the invisible sound board, look for it at home depot, next to the sky hooks and plaid paint.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

I haven't involved an HVAC technician as of yet.

Reply to
fidelis

Well no f****ng wonder you don't have a clue!

Call one up and go away!