Radiant Heat Transfer

I=92m looking for a formula to show heat transfer from one object to another. Since my math skills are limited the formulas I=92ve found are way too complex.

I=92m specifically looking for the amount of radiant heat transfer form a building and what the reduction would be by adding a radiant barrier. I know the emissivity of the material, temperature and texture are factors (at least I think I know this).

What would be great, an explanation and a simplified formula that I can input the emissivity and temperature and get BTU=92s per ft sq.

Thanks

Andy Whole House Performance is the right thing to do

Reply to
Andy Energy

E=MC2. YOU'RE WELCOME

Reply to
I crack me up.

Ping "Nick Pine" in the Energy Efficiency news groups He's got formulas galore & can probably help you out. I think he's at Villanova.

You might want to look at the radiant barrier (ceramic bead) coatings & paints.

geothermaljones

I?m specifically looking for the amount of radiant heat transfer form a building and what the reduction would be by adding a radiant barrier. I know the emissivity of the material, temperature and texture are factors (at least I think I know this).

What would be great, an explanation and a simplified formula that I can input the emissivity and temperature and get BTU?s per ft sq.