Power Humidifier

I am having several local hvac companies come out in the next few weeks to give me quotes on a humidifier for my 4,000 SF Ranch in Michigan. I have hot water baseboard heat, but I also have an air handler for summer air conditioning. All the hvac guys I have talked to have recommended the aprilaire power humidifier (model 350/360 I think) mounted on the ducts and having the blower run sometimes during the winter. The last contractor, however, recommended a Skuttle power steam humidifier. Anyone have any experience, either good or bad with the above units? I plan on letting a qualified hvac company do the work, but I want to go into this knowing a little bit about what I am getting. Thanks

Reply to
warrenshudson

Get 2 of these:

Dr. Hardcrab

For the life of me, I cant figure out how you are having several companies come out (for free?) to give you an estimate on a simple humidifier? I dont think the humidifier on the air handler will be a good choice. The air with no heat in it will be quite uncomfortable during the winter. Most steam humidifiers seem to be quite a pain as far as maintenance goes. I dont use them. The "****crab" , might have the best plan although those turn to a pile of concrete if not cleaned regularly. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

"Bubba" wrote

Actually, I have had several customers that have used them for 3 or 4 seasons now and they said they still work great.

(Thinking of getting one myself....)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Not saying they dont work. Just a bit of a pain putting water into it. Its gotta be cleaned like they recommend and replacing the drum pad. Its just not a set it and forget uint, but then, what is? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Furnaces made 30+ years ago.

Reply to