OT--FOOD...Samuel's *famous* grilled bratwurst with vegetables.

Take the biggest aluminum tray you own that takes up as much real state on your grill you want, this works up to 100%

DONT attempt to do this on the side with some skimpy amount of vegetables and using just aluminul foil unless your just testing, in which case suggest do make sure and double or quadruple you foil thickness so it wont f****ng melt on you.

1)

Potatoes.

Suggest yukons or reds, else fingers if ya got em....these all will chop easily and they aint usually all full of dirt like your cheaper russets will be--generally can be used as-is and purchased and ant without further messing with other than your chopping them.

2)

Carrots.

eNuff said, just be sure and chop / slice em small enough so that they get done just a tad bit before your potatoes.

3)

Peppers.

Anaheim work good, maybe mix with some red bell, smoke em if ya got em--careful with hot variety though else your young-uns might not eat much em.

4)

Onion

Uhmm...slice it and toss into the mix...

5)

Mushrooms, I like to buy the big ones then slice into quarters--omit else use your own judjement...

====

Brats.

Uncooked have their place, but for this one I use the fully cooked, I spose any f****ng weiner could do as well here also.

===

Okay see above if you already forgot about using the biggest pan you have available...

But basically just spray the bottom with olive oil cooking spray before you start into putting you chopped vegetables into it.

NOW--yust before putting this tray onto the grill, dump a good slather of extra virgin oil on top and what I like is a sprinkling of spices.....suggest equal amounts of Montreal Steak Seasioning, Cavender's and Johnney's...( kinda salty so let your concience be your guide)

Oh almost forgot, dont forget to put them fully cooked brats in there too.

The fat lady's already done sung soon as when them taters are all cooked tender....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Interesting...healthy saute of veggies

Find a butcher that makes those brats fresh.

Munich style are my favorite. A little garlic with some other spices twist similiar to knochwurst, very similiar flavor. Made here in N. WI.

Where I'll be moving soon, they have an Italian and Jewish meat market in Minneapolis don't look to promising to make those, as I've been to both stores. So I might get down to some good old meat processing myself if I can't find them.

Spicy German bratwurst-

2 pounds fresh german bratwurst sausages (8-10 links) 1 (12-ounce) bottle lager beer (or regular beer) 1/2 cup chili sauce 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1/2 cup ketchup 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or plain vinegar) 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 3 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices, rings separated 1-14 OZ. can Frank's Bavarian style kraut (or sauer kraut)

  1. Prick bratwurst two or three times with a two pronged fork (Do not use a dinner fork). Using a 12-inch deep skillet, cook bratwurst in enough water to cover over medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Remove bratwurst to a plate and discard water.

  2. In same skillet, combine beer, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Layer kraut, onions with bratwurst in sauce. Cover and simmer on low 1 and 1/2 hours

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup