oil furnace service in Northern Califonia?

Sometime around 2001 somebody on here at the time was able to recommend an oil tech to service my Moms oil furnace in Leggett, CA. She doesn't remember who or exactly when, but she thinks they came out of Eureka. Is there anybody still on here that might know of somebody who does oil furnaces between Ukiah and Eureka?? She is wanting to have it checked because of some new low-sulphur diesel formulation they have to use up there.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Maye the folks stickered her furnace. Did she go look?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Dunno, shes 80 miles from there, at her husbands house in Fortuna. She's not able to travel much yet after a recent hip replacement.

Reply to
Steve

Well, sounds like time for some team work. Get the neighbor involved. You know, the one who looks after her. (whoever that might be). Sad she needed a hip. Glad she got it before socialized med nixes all elective surgery. And sends our old folks to the home instead of keeping them active.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

THe hip replacement was not elective.... she fell and broke it.

--

Reply to
Steve

All that being said, I am still looking for an oil tech in NORCAL to service my Moms furnace.

Reply to
Steve

To the mormon everything is elective. specially thinking.

Tell her what you tell everyone else. Look in the yellow pages.

Reply to
The King

During the Obama health care program, it would likely be ruled elective.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Want a zany idea that might be good for something? Google for a farm and garden supply place, near her town. Call on the phone, and ask for "the old guy". When you get someone over 40, ask who's the local guy who does a good job with oil furnace. Failing that, call the auto parts places.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I tell people to ask their friends and neighbors. Who can you reccomend, who was polite, Mormon, and treated you well, and offered to leave a Book of Mormon?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oh fer Chis sakes... Call the oil supplier. They either service their clients of have someone local that does.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Over 65, it would be consider a waste of time and a no-no.

Reply to
Don Ocean

hey, watchit! :-P

Reply to