oil furnace low water cut-off

Hi,

I've been having problems with my oil furnace. I installed a programmable thermostat and every time the furnace has to heat 4-6 degrees the low water cut-off switch trips. My plumber replaced the switch but the issue continues to happen. The is enough water in the system but what I noticed is that after heating for awhile the water starts going low and fluctuating which causes the lockout. As soon as the furnace stops the water level "calms down" and climbs up to the normal level. Is there any way this could be remedied as my plumber seems to be out of ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Reply to
Gatya

Steve Scott

my exact question...... Need more inforamtion

Reply to
daytona°

Try steam...

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

It's steam. The furnace is a Peerless WBV boiler, aprox. 7 years old.

Thanks

Power's Mechanical wrote:

Reply to
Gatya

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
Steve Scott

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Call a real tech.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I think you summed it up correctly. This furnace was cleaned yearly by a plumber. Apparently it needs a bit more than a wire brush...

Thank you for all your replies.

No> > Hi,

Reply to
Gatya