Need Gas Valve B67RA247 Replacement

In a Williams in-floor furnace, it takes a thermopile millivolt (no external electrical supply) gas valve numbered B67RA247 General Controls with 1/2 inch fittings. I can't find an exact replacement. Is there a universal one I can use? Where do I order it from? Is there another one someone can suggest?

Ideally, someone could point me to a local supplier in Kansas City, Kansas (or Missouri).

While watching the burner trays going well, they went off (the thermostat was all the way up, and didn't turn off). I hit the gas valve and the burner trays went on again. Also the pilot light button has to be held a long time for it to remain on after releasing the button. And also, sometimes I discover the furnace went off, pilot light and all.

I already replaced the thermopile.

So, I see the next step as replacing the gas valve.

Here's a page that explains these things

~ Nehmo

Reply to
Nehmo

I have a NOS exact model gas valve. Its 1850.00 plus installation. No warranty as the company is out of business.

Reply to
The King

Your local (to you) HVAC parts house can probably cross reference. Of course, they will probably only sell to established tradesmen.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can't find anybody who will cross reference the part by the number. But it seems it should be easy to get some kind of universal replacement. There's a place here in Kansas City called Patrick's, but the counter guy doesn't want to deal with me because I made a joking response to one of his remarks. He is overly sensitive. Anyway, I can't buy from that place.

The other local place, Arrow, wants me to bring in the old gas valve. And my previous experience with them, suggests it would be expensive through them. If you (or someone familiar with this city) can suggest a "local HVAC parts house" in Kansas City, I'll try it.

~ Nehmo

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

How about a plain APPLIANCE PARTS place.

Like for instance...

GregS

I can't find anybody who will cross reference the part by the number. But it seems it should be easy to get some kind of universal replacement. There's a place here in Kansas City called Patrick's, but the counter guy doesn't want to deal with me because I made a joking response to one of his remarks. He is overly sensitive. Anyway, I can't buy from that place.

The other local place, Arrow, wants me to bring in the old gas valve. And my previous experience with them, suggests it would be expensive through them. If you (or someone familiar with this city) can suggest a "local HVAC parts house" in Kansas City, I'll try it.

~ Nehmo

Try here....

Steve

There might be other places, and will this work...

GregS