Modifing cental heat to heat only the bathroom

Hello,

I have a central gas heater located next to my bathroom in a small closet. I hate to get out of the shower when it is cold and it is too much to heat all three betrooms, two baths, etc. So I was thinking... maybe I could modify the central heater so that it all blows directly into the bathroom. This way it would heat it up in about 30 seconds. I was thinking of puting a large vent directly into the side wall and making some kind of valve to close the vents off to the rest of the house so that it only blows into the bathroom. What am I not seeing here? Can this be done or will the heater freak out and over heat or ??? Is it really this simple? Just redirect things. Before I pull out the skill saw I thought I would get some feedback from others. Any thoughts on this one??

Thanks Uriah

Reply to
Uriah

Get the skill saw out and get er done!!!!

Reply to
Superheat

OMG:

I didn't need the vision of some dude just before showering trying to close all the dampers in the equipment closet so he can 'warm' up the bathroom.

BTW: How big is your bathroom. 800 sq feet or so?

Zyp

Reply to
Zephyr