Lennox G23Q2 furnace ignition problem

This furnace is about 9 years old and has worked flawlessly until recently. The first thing I noticed was the draft motor was continuously running and lack of green LED on ignitor control. Reset the furnace by cycling power and observed the operation. It went through two cycles just fine. Only thing I noticed was the ignitor continued to fire a few seconds after the burner was lit (figured this is probably normal). When it went to start the third cycle, the ignitor fired, I momentarily saw a flame from the "pilot" tube, then ignition was aborted. Each successive ignition attempt yielded no visible "pilot" flame at all, then it went into lockout. I cycled power again, and this time it started right up. Any clues? Hoping this is a simple fix. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
427Cobraman

9 years old

draft motor

LED

ignitor control

You need a new furnace.

Actually - you need an OLD furnace.

Reply to
HVAC Guy

Yup... I got a clue.... Maybe after 9 years its time to have it checked and serviced by a pro.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Actually, HVAC Gay Guy hasnt a clue but does like to whine and cry a lot. Id suggest calling a reputable dealer and start by having it serviced more than once every 9 years. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I removed the flame detector and cleaned it with some emery cloth. Reinstalled it and it's been running great all day. Stopped in and picked up a new detector ($22!) to have handy just-in-case.

Reply to
427Cobraman

Old furnace.

Reply to
Megatron

HVAC Gay Guy actually cries like a little school girl.

Reply to
Zyp