Intermittent Pilot will not shut down after heat cycle

Have an older Carrier Gaspack with the original Dual valve gas assy. Replaced the original J/C G600XL with a Honeywell S8610 univ intermittent pilot ignition module. The system still has the same following problem. After heat cycle the main burner shuts down, but the intermittent pilot remains burning - with no voltage across the coil. In this state a further call for heat from the thermostat will not turn the main burner on. I have tested the valve coils out of control circuit and both actuate with 24Vac across them.

So at this point I can only beleive that the Valve body has some sort of leak internally to feed the pilot regardless of the state on the valve coil.

Any help as to what my next step should be ?? Replace valve ??

Thanks UpsMan

Reply to
dlopez5

Call a qualified technician.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

How old is this gas pack?? What did your favorite, local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, professionally trained, HVAC technician say??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Hmmm, does that tell you anything? Ever think maybe that the G60 wasn't your problem?

Yes. I have perfect advice for you. You are on the right track. Keep replacing parts. I can guarantee you 100% that at some point you will get it fixed with your current method.

Why not? You will be one step closer after replacing it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
dlopez5

Please post your gas pressures.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

What comes to mind to me, is that you installed a gas valve that was designed for a standing pilot. And, that's what you now have.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon