hvac

My goodman furnace/ air has been having unusual delays, on days where I switch between heat and air. The thermostat seems ok, at least I can hear the relay switch, sometime waiting a couple minutes. I switched off the power to the furnace a couple times, but don't have enough info on my actions. All know, it didn't used to do this. I can only guess it's the board

Greg

Reply to
gregz

g...

Reply to
Grumpy

Thanks. I am going to check things out. Right now, it seems clear, to switch modes, I have to turn off the electricity, wait about 5 minutes, and it will switch on. It seems forever or never, when I just play with the thermostat. I can hear the clicks from the stat. I'm going to look at board, understand now there are error codes to be read, possibly. Understand the board is mostly for furnace. I got variable speed fan, slow start.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Looked at board. Took batteries out of thermostat. Ac came on. Strange. Batteries a little low, replaced. Did not see any low batt warning. Testing.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Well, seems to be working. I would have never guessed. But I did decide to change batteries. Maybe also reset thermostat.

Greg

Reply to
gregz