HeatMaker Plus HW Series

When hot water is unused, say over night, the hot water temp drops from 80C to 40C and below (reading on the heatmaker). It's not warm enough to take a shower with morning. The forced hot water (3 zones) are fine and remain hot during the same period. If i introduce cold water into the tank i.e. run the hot water. This kicks the igniter and hot water is available after 15 or so minutes. My questions are:

  1. Do i have a bad thermostat somewhere and if so which one ?
  2. What other test can i do to isolate the culprit ?

thanks,

-Cedric

Reply to
ckimaru

1) Yes, take it from the "thermostat expert". You DO have a bad thermostat. Its the 3rd one thats bad. 2) You can take off all your clothes, put on a diaper, go out in the middle of the road and lick a window. Thats usually the best way to isolate the culprit. Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

No you do not have bad thermostat but you do have something that shout the heat to the you hot water heater is this hot water heater electric or gas fire boiler by the way the thermostat do not know if is night or day it will control heat the very same day or night. so you should look for some other problems that you may have Dido

Reply to
DIDO

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

It's called a lazy unitrol. have it replaced.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

"DIDO" wrote

Wrong. The temp swing of the t/stat is too big. In the day, enough hot water is used to hide the problem. At night, it doesn't get used, so the temp drops all the way down to it's set point. Enough hot water during the day, but low water temp in the morning is a sign of this. Again, it's called a "lazy unitrol".

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Take you opinion and sit on it Tst. swing 72 deg. f. you are sick cookie and you brain is "lazy unitrol".

Reply to
Tony

Sounds like the unitrol is sleeping...

If there's an air handler for heating use, I would look for a bad check valve that's letting cold water migrate back into the tank.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

DANgER (danger If there's an air handler for heating use, I would look for a bad

When check valves go bad! Another in the series, from pros like Stormy and Canada Heat! Order yours now! Operators are standing by to put you on hold!

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

"When check valves go bad! Another in the series, from pros like Stormy and Canada Heat! Order yours now! Operators are standing by to put you on hold!

Reply to
Anonymous

I am being lazy, I know, bash me all you want. What is 80C in F. Sounds awful hot for domestic hot water.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

176 F.

Reply to