heat pump thermostat question

Thats just too damn easy.... and he might have to use a crowbar to pry his wallet open.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Zyp, didn't you mean 24 amps on the compressor draw, rather than the 34 you said. Figure a 12 SEER=1000watts/ton, so even 24 is probably higher than it actually draws. Agree with what you are saying, tho. Everyone else that has posted here has tried to explain it in various ways, but the OP does not seem to understand. Oh well-it's his unit and his money, so he is free to use both as he chooses. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

Larry, I don't know about the 5 ton, but a 4 ton scroll, 14 SEER hp with R-410a refrigerant actually draws 12.8 - 13.2 amps, and the X-13 fan motor doesn't draw much more than a 100 watt light bulb. Compare that to the 42 amps from

15kw strips.
Reply to
Noon-Air

Well there ya go 14 SEER = $$$$ savings. The figures I was refering to were estimates. It is likely that @ 6 amps per horsepower per ton on 240v, the

24 figure plus the outdoor fan seems more correct. Most 4 ton units have a 50 amp circuit [old school] but that's 50% over the actual rated draw. I have noticed the new equipment is $aving a considerable amount on the draw compared to old school equipment.

Heat pumps are efficient, just not warm like gas fired.

Reply to
Zyp

No fair, you're doing ONJ's homework ;-)

Reply to
modervador

You can't. In order to fix something you have to know how it's "supposed" to work.

Reply to
Richard