Heat Exchanger

We have a 4 bed house with oil central heating. This year we are having a section of garden (about 20m x 7 m) converted into parking which will involve some fairly major ground works to create a level surface.

Next year (or the year after!) we plan a major extension to the house.

My plan is to have heat exchanger pipework installed underground as part of the gardern works this year. When we do the major extension then we will install the heat pump and underfloor heating in the new rooms.

Is this a good idea?

Is 20m x 7m big enough for any sensible amount of pipework? Is it sensible to install the pipework this year even though I won't know if it's working until the extension project is complete in 08 or

09? Can anyone recomment a company to do the whole geothermal thing for me?

I am a newcomer to all this.

Any thoughts welcome?

Graeme.freeman

Most people do vertical loops for geothermal. Not horizontal.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I guess you've never seen a guy with a backhoe and more than an acre. James, I may just have to go borrow Stormys rock for you. Shut your cakehole and come back in 10 yrs when you have the slightest clue Bubba

Reply to
Bubba