?? for HVAC Guy

For the love of never ending strings...

HVAC Guy, Is it true that the Norwegians were the first to cut holes in the roof of their shelters in order to let out the smoke from their fires? Since huts are typically shipped w/o holes on the roof, aren't these added holes adversely effecting the flames. By cutting these holes didn't they sacrifice heating efficiency for "safety" reason? Since wood was much cheaper then, I'm sure it was not real concern. With the high cost of wood these days, should a HVAC Guy like yourself close these holes...? Just want to know what HVAC techs were doing thousands of years ago.

And please, before you tell everyone your right & we're wrong, take a bath w/your toaster...

geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

So you're saying that HO's modified the design from factory specs to make it safer or more ergonomic? Sounds like smart HO's to me.

The hole creates a draft which brings in more fresh air through gaps in the walls that prevents complete flame oxygen starvation. So no, I wouldn't say that a hole in the roof is "adversely" affecting the flames - I'd say it's enhancing it.

A hole in the roof would have enhanced or increased the BTU output of the fire *and* increased safety.

I'm waiting for you to show some.

No, I'd want to run a duct to the hole to insure that only the combustion air went out through the hole and not heated, clean, interior air.

Those weren't HVAC techs. They were HO's.

The HVAC techs were knocking on their doors trying to sell them heated rocks.

lame

Reply to
HgVuAyC

Changing your nick to avoid killfiles constitutes abuse according to your ISP TOS.

Have a nice day

BTW, welcome back to my killfile

*click*
Reply to
Noon-Air

Actually, no it doesn't.

I will.

That's what you think.

Reply to
Contractor Guy

you move fast , soon you'll run out of alias's to get past peoples killfiles

you dont dont know jack, all you want to do is stir up shit

your an asshole !!!!!!!

HgVuAyC wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy