fan location for solar collector

I have 200 SF (25' * 8') of pass through solar collector on my south facing wall. I've made some changes to my home and need to redo the ducting on the collector. Pass through collectors run the air through a felt absorber. There's a lot of head loss there, but there is also a lot of square feet.

Basic idea here:

The way I have this set up is with a center "fed" 8" * 15" plenum running the 25' width of the collector (750 CFM or so...). The connector is at the bottom and needs to make a turn before entering the house below the sill.

I had this running with the plenum on the pressure (fan outlet) side. What I wish to do is rewire this so the plenum would be on the suction side. This way I can draw hot air from the collector and distribute it inside the house through some no longer used wall vents (once part of a converted gravity fed coal burning furnace).

So the question is where to put the fan. On the plenum and use it make the turn, or downstream? Upstream might be 20' of 14" flex Y'd into a couple of short 10" lines. The fan could be spliced anywhere in the 14" line.

Is all insulated flex of the same R value about the same quality? The big boxes carry Atco, Standex and Master Flow.

I'm obviously fishing for some ideas, and know that posting here with an oddball question can give varied responses. But such it is.

Here's an idea, and it will be a whole lot cheaper... go to Walmart and buy you a portable electric heater. It will work better, generate more heat, and cost a fraction of the time and money to install.

Nahhh.....that makes too much sense.

Reply to
Steve

At present it is 40F outside. Return/Exhaust delta F is 20F @ ~650CFM or ~15,600 BTU/hr, all for the cost of running the fan. Plus several thousand more BTU's of direct solar gain. The house is 68F and all other heat is off. Fan mounted on a collection box supplying 3 registers.