Do I need an expansion tank?

Dear Readers,

I've a new oil-fired boiler with an indirect water heater. The boiler loop has an expansion tank. The domestic hot water does not. I have well water (bladder tank located 50+ft away from the boiler). Do I need an expansion tank on my domestic hot water?

All comments appreciated. Thank you. Anthony M. Falcone

Reply to
anthonymmfalcone

Yes.

You're welcome.

Now f****ng go away and never come back...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

No. You need a new oil-fired boiler with an indirect water heater. You're welcome. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

What's your installers opinion, you know, the guy who you paid to ensure everything is to code....so your family and/or friends are safe in your home.....

Respectfully, Bob

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw