Determining size of existing heat pump

I recently bought a house with a Lennox heat pump, about 18 years old.
Model HP19-411-3P. I have the sticker from the HP unit & the installation,
operation & maintenance instructions. I've also looked at all the
labels/wiring diagrams on the inside of the unit's cover. Nowhere in any of
this is the tonnage of the unit mentioned. I can tell you it is charged wih
11lbs 3 oz of R22. Can anyone tell me the tonnage size of this unit, or
where I can find it? The Lennox site anly had the manuals I already have.
Don't think it matters, but the other components are heating element unit
ECB19-15-1Y & air handler CB19-41-1P.
TIA
Dan
Reply to
Dan
I recently bought a house with a Lennox heat pump, about 18 years old. Model HP19-411-3P. I have the sticker from the HP unit & the installation,
This unit is actually a 3 ton,old Lennox model numbers don't follow the logic of using the BTU in the model number. Is this actually a three phase condenser? The 3P usually means that.
Reply to
csstouffer
Thanks for reminding me about the 3P Jeffery being a generation number. Lennox mixed and matched a lot of condensers and indoor coils to get different SEER ratings and BTU capacities. But the unit was designed to be a 3 ton.
Reply to
csstouffer

Site Timeline Threads