Ceiling register with pull chain?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:04:30 -0500, "HVAC" left spaces for comments ):

See here it is..

Reply to
The King

replying to maecenasaliquam, J wrote: I have exactly the kind of vent covers you're talking about: circular with a pull chain in the center that allows you to adjust the amount of heat/cool each room gets. This house was added onto a few times up until the early '60s. I can't find this kind of vent cover, but I bet you might in a home salvage business. Many places have a website, and even if they don't list them specifically, I bet you could call around and, if you're lucky, they're sure to ship. I agree that it's beneficial to be able to adjust the temperature depending on the use of the room or it's position relative to the sun. I'm sorry so many repliers were rude - people need to "zip it" if they can't be helpful. Best of luck!

You're replying to an 8 year old post.

Reply to
TimR

replying to TimR, Heather wrote: Well I, for one, am glad to see a more current post added to the previous discussion because after buying a house almost one year ago, I am also looking for replacement register covers with a pull chain to operate the damper. This house was built in 1957, and all the register covers are of this type, but several are missing the pull chain altogether.. However, they are rectangular (standard size used today), not circular. I suspect there is a way to replace just the pull chain, which would solve my problem, but I haven?t yet had a chance to verify this or to determine how the chain is attached and how it works. Like the original OP, I am also disabled; and although I do not need to be able to adjust the vents regularly, I tam finding it is too hot to sleep in my bed, which is located directly underneath one of these vents, because that vent is wide open due to the fact that its pull chain is completely missing.

Reply to
Heather

You are better off than most with this problem.

You have one vent without a pull chain that you need to adjust.

You have several vents with pull chains that you don't need to adjust.

Just move a pull chain from one of those to the one over your bed.

If you're disabled you'll need help, but you'd need that anyway if you boug ht a new pull chain.

Reply to
TimR