Building a furnace closet

Hi

I'm planning on having a high efficiency HVAC system installed in a home that only had a gas wall heater. I would like to build the closet myself where a general closet previously existed at the end of the hallway.

My question is do newer 90% plus efficiency furnaces require combustion air supply and if they do where can I find building specs for such.

Thanks.

Reply to
marspinball

No, it uses a special kind of fuel that does not require air.

Reply to
Al Moran

Bring it out of the closet. Don't be ashamed of its orientation. Be proud.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Al, Please, he doesn't have a clue, he could kill his entire family!

It is essential to run PVC of the correct type & size to use outdoor air for combustion air. PVC of the correct type & size is also used to VENT the exhaust gases and the PVC sloped to drain the condensation.

Get a licensed HVAC contractor to properly install the entire system! Everything has to be done right! Do NOT try to do this work on your own!

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Very Good Advise!

Reply to
Moe Jones

Gotta love them Gaynor and asshole s**ts systems. Owner prolly hasn't had a Dayton years. But at least he has a couple of fans. :-)

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

_Who_ doesn't? Methinks both.

What the hell does the furnace burn then, solid rocket fuel? This is the wrong time for sarcasm, in any event. Involuntary manslaughter is a serious allegation. Wrongful death lawsuits are no fun, either.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Where do I go to buy a couple buckets of this fuel? Sounds like good stuff.

Seriously, Darrell has been on this group for several years, and sure sounds like he knows the trade.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If he's not smart enough to realize that one of the requirements for fire is air then he deserves a Darwin award.

Reply to
Al Moran

"marspinball" wrote in news:gAEwg.2974$RD.816@fed1read08:

The data you want and more should be included with the furnace.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

Yes. In the manual that comes with the furnace.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually f****it, its in the local building code book. But then, if you had a clue about CODE, you would know you take the information in the install manual, and compare it to the charts and such in the local code books and know what to do.

Reply to
aka-SBM