Broiler Frame Color for Propane

I have a Weil-McLain VHE serial 3 broiler for my water baseboard heating system. It is about 21 years old and is working good but worried about the flame color. The 1st 3/8" of the flame is blue but the rest of upward flame is orange/yellow. This is the 1st time I have bothered to check it. Could have been this way since new.. Had a flakey installer. I am wondering maybe if the nozzles are wrong, being for natural gas instead of propane. I I have cleaned the 6 burners and check the exhaust for restrictions but didn't help..

Reply to
clint73

Maybe you should call your fav local tech to service the boiler... You might also want to do a little research on the normal design service life of your boiler... especially considering that its been neglected since day 1.

Reply to
Steve

Call your local public service you can not use same nozels on natural gas and propane, on some system can be adjusted but on some they must be acutaly changed. I am not in that buisness strnog suggestion get right person to check it out.

Reply to
Grumpy