Blower won't turn off.

Coleman unit. Temp set at 78 ac mode, now 68. Replaced batteries in thermostat.

brad

Reply to
brad herschel

You need a new outdoor and indoor unit.

Reply to
HVAC

have repaired

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Call a tech that knows what he/she is doing... and no, its not gonna be the cheapest guy in the phone book.

Reply to
Steve

I've been "picking heads" and concensus is a faulty theromostat. AC pumping cold, just can't stop the fan even when turning off ac.

brad

Reply to
brad herschel

Al Gore says the consensus is that global warming will kill us all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've been "picking heads" and concensus is a faulty theromostat. AC pumping cold, just can't stop the fan even when turning off ac.

You and they are both idiots.

No offense.

Reply to
HVAC

And you're a knuckle head. I had to replace my stat, a old t8600 that was doing the same thing.

Reply to
The King

The consensus of most people, or the consensus of most people who know? :) The two can be really different, and in the case of our old Heil heatpump, the cause was always the blower controller board (more often, that board failed to turn on the blower), except when a cockroach got stuck in the contactor (kept the whole unit running). Don't try to replace these parts yourself because they work at high voltage, unlike the thermostat.

You may want to check

larry moe 'n curly

I've been "picking heads" and concensus is a faulty theromostat. AC pumping cold, just can't stop the fan even when turning off ac.

brad

Ok, so instead of calling a licensed, bonded, insured, professionaly trained, HVAC Tech, your trying to fix it by commitee.....

There are several different things that could be wrong... I have an idea of what it is, but without knowing a whole lot more information, or laying hands on the system, there is no way to tell for sure. Anything else would only be a guess.

Reply to
Steve

Well, THAT can't be right...........

The King said that once upon a time he replaced a thermostsat and that fixed it.

Reply to
HVAC

Thats like saying "My car won't run right....maybe if I put a new key in the ignition..."

Note, the OP didn't state if it was the condenser fan, or the indoor blower, or if the compressor is running. or if its gas heat or electric, or if its a heat pump or straight a/c, or how old it is, or anything else. Sounds like a typical government operation... making decissions by committee without having a clue about what the actual problem is or what to do to correct it. I am going to make an assumption here and guess that the system is in a trailer.

Another question is how much ice is on the evap coil with the IDT down to

68F.
Reply to
Steve

Just sayin that it could be the stat. Not that it is the problem. You act like it cant be and that aint so. If he took the wire off the G terminal at the furnace and the fan shuts off that narrows it down to two things with the most likely being the stat. Personally I dont give a damn about his problems. R U a mormon?

Reply to
The King

it is shame that you did not replace one in your car maybe they talking to each other

Grumpy

Hi, Poor 'stat ets first blame all the toime. Doesn't it tell you relay for blower is stick closed or energized all the time? The relay is not in the 'stat.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Learn to speak english or quit drinking and posting.

Reply to
The King

Hi, Sorry, I was typing and watching hockey game at the same time in the darkened room.

Let me try it again. "Poor 'stat takes first blame all the time. Doesn't it tell you power relay cntacts for the blower are stuck or energized all the time for some reason. It is not inside the 'stat.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

That is why the King is now an employee, Rather then a HVAC Contractor. Thermostat replacement just doesn't cure every problem. Have you ever wondered what he is King of? Thermostat sales/replacement perhaps?

Reply to
Alexander

Hi, Picking head even with pick axe won't do. Take a multi meter out and trouble-shoot. If you can't, call an expert service tech.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I like being an employee who has a steady good paying job that enables me to save 3 grand a month. You're forced to stay one step ahead of food stamps because you cant hold a regular job.

Reply to
The King