A technical question

That is why I designed it that way, but on a hot day it would not be below

200 PSI, more likely 240 PSI.

My 6 ton system also had head pressure control and an oversized condenser, on checking it on a 40 c (104 f) day the head pressure was around 240-250 PSI.

40 c is the highest I have seen it get to here, once in over 9 years.

----------------------

First of all seeing the plant only will run when there is a fair load, the cooling will look after the dehumidification in all but a small time in the year.

The internal load will help.

I did consider putting an heat exchanger in the condenser line and heating water and storing it in a 90 gallon tank and using a hot water coil for reheat, but I could not justify the cost, considering how little the elements would be on.

It is a balancing act after all, running costs verse install costs.

In England the say if you are going to live in a house for less than 5 years, put in a cheap heating system that is more expensive to run. If you are going to live there a long time put a more expensive system in with cheaper running costs.

--------------

I have 5 major rooms over 2 air conditioning systems. so I would need 5 dehumidifiers. As I have already stated the 6 ton system produces 7.2 litres per hour (Almost 2 US gallons) of water. IE 172 litres per 24 hours

Dehumidifiers depending on size etc will remove 10 to 20 litres per 24 hours

Somehow I cannot see using dehumidifiers would be practical , sure using reheat is somewhat of a loss, but as the heaters rarely come on it is fine. Here the rooms are not turned on 24 hours a day, but only turned on when required.

Running 5 dehumidifiers 24 hours a day would not be exactly cheap.

I did not say it would be going between heating a cooling but would over shoot the set temperature, which would cause a bigger swing in the conditioned space than wanted.

It is a personal choice and here with the swings of temperature it is required.

Possible early morning temperature of 11 c (52 f) during what you would call winter (Dry season here) and in the same day and afternoon temperature of 27 c (80 f) considering there is an internal load in some of the rooms requires IMHO the unit should be able to determine automatically if heating or cooling is required..

Today it was 10 AM in the morning and 24.5 c (76 f) outside and 91% RH (raining outside) and 30 c (86 f) in the computer room with no cooling running.

So at that point I turned on a small RAC to bring down the temperature. As the 2.5 ton system s not operational yet.

I think you are working on places that get quite cold and do not have big swings of temperature, not the tropics like where I live where we can get quite large swings of temperature.

The ceiling is well insulated but not the walls, it would be a big job to insulate them with something that does not burn, as I would never have anything that burns in the house as an insulation.

I have looked at it and it is not really financially practical. Yes it would be a different story if we had ice and snow here, we do not !!!!.

Sorry, I do not want a 5 ton block of cement in my bedroom for thermal inertia :-)

Reply to
<ramrod

As I have said I have never seen that being used in Oz, and I wonder what the life of it is?

My brick house is around 30 years old and quite sound, but the kitchen cupboards need replacing as they are made of chipboard and it is starting to disintegrate.

They tell me that the new chipboard is OK as it has a newer glue, but I will have to give it quite a bit of thought when I get it replaced if I should use solid timber. Mind you if the new chipboard last in excess of 30 years it would outlive me I guess.

Although the wiring was quite OK I have replaced it as I wanted 3 phase power on and quite a few upgrades in the house, wiring wise.

Being brick veneer home (Brick outside with timber frame walls clad in plaster board) it is fairly easy to run the wiring down from the ceiling in the gap between the brick and plaster board.

The water pipes outside the house were plastic and so I have replaced them with copper. The pipes inside were already copper. In newer houses it seems the both the hot and cold water pipes inside the homes are sometimes install in plastic pipe. Maybe I am old fashioned but I prefer copper.The idea of a plastic pipe bursting in the middle of the night does not make me happy.

In Sydney they replaced all the underground gas pipes with plastic. Quite a big job as the population is around 4.5 million and it is quite a spread out city.

It seems to work OK as far as I know, they did the job around 15 years ago. It seems they just poked the smaller plastic gas pipes through the old metal ones and run them at higher pressure, so they did not have to dig up half the streets.

Reply to
<ramrod