Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

legionnaires' disease
I am well aware that potentially deadly legionnaires' disease can occur in cooling towers, in fact one I used t service once a month ended up with a low amount in it despite the tower being cleaned...

Can you explain this to me?
In our business we use 12 chest type freezers. The freezers go in and out of service once or twice a year. Occasionally when a freezer sets two, three or four months and we put it back in service, it...
3
3

Power plug wiring
As I am not in America I do not know which connection are active and neutral on your power plugs, so looking at the wirings side of the plug please let me know which way they are connected. 0 0 0...
9
9

experience with portable heat pumps?
I am asking about the type of portable heat pump which draws in two streams of air from the room. One stream is cooled and expelled through a vent hose, and its heat is transferred to the other stream...
3
3

No Voltage at Thermostat
My AC worked fine this AM and later in day blowing warm air. The outside unit did not turn on. I checked and reset the circuit breakers in the garage including the one on the blower---did nothing. I...
5
5

HVAC Proposal Review
All, I recently received a proposal for a new HVAC system to be placed in my 2-s tory home. I am clueless when it comes to HVAC systems and could use some h elp reviewing this proposal. Does it look...
4
4

Location of CO detector (inside HVAC ducts?)
The instructions that come with residential CO detectors tell you to place them on the ceiling, outside each bedroom, and have at least one on each level of the house. They say to not put them in the...
23
23

Tonnage for allstyle coil AS30A224TRH
Can anyone tell me the tonnage on allstyle coil AS30A224TRH? Appreciate it.
1
1

6 times per hour versus 3 times per hour
I have an 80% efficiency forced air furnace. I think it is oversized for the temperatures I keep my townhouse at. When we had single digits in NJ it was still cycling 6 times per hour and I don't know...
5
5

Indoor air quality problems
A couple friends of mine, the wife and at least one of the adult children are sensetive to organic chemical vapors. To the point of having to buy low VOC latex paints, for the house. Recently, it's...
26
26

Changed blower motor--noisy at slow speed
Installed Fanhandler speed control with brand new Baldor motor on existing (older) furnace. At slow speed, the motor makes a high-pitched turning noi se like a helicopter. If I speed up the minimum...

Condensation between the panes of 7 yr. old skylight.(s)..okay to leave it alone?
I live in a condo, and I'm just noticing condensation between the panes in = a 7yr old Velux skylight that was installed when the roof was replaced. Ac= tually, there is a 2nd skylight installed at...
4
4

The Inventors of the Automobile Air Conditioner
Did you know The Goldberg Brothers - The Inventors of the Automobile Air Conditioner Here's a little fact for automotive buffs or just to dazzle your friends. The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell,...

Does this inducer fan on my new furnace look normal?
Here's a video of the inducer fan on my new Carrier 58CVA forced air gas fu= rnace: =20 capturing this video, the furnace was shut off and I had spun the fan = by hand. It spins very freely, and it...
5
5

Can I replace a two wire Honeywell thermostat with a multi wire one?
I have a old two wire furnace system with a Honeywell T87F1818 3. Can I replace it with a Honeywell T87F1800 3. And just keep to unit set to heat and not cool and the fan set to auto?
3
3