how to install a pressure relief valve on a hot water heater

I have a bad pressure relief valve on my hot water heater. how do I install a new pressure relief valve?

Reply to
Anonymous

- Turn the water heater off.

- Turn the water heater's water supply valve off.

- Open the water heater's drain faucet and drain 5-gallons (may be more or less) of water out.

- Unscrew or cut-off the relief valve's drain pipe.

- Unscrew the relief valve and discard it.

- Apply Pipe Thread Sealant to the new relief valve and screw it in.

- Screw-on or solder-on the relief valve drain pipe to a length that's 6-inches above the floor.

- Turn the water supply back on, to re-fill the water heater.

- Turn the water heater back on.

Reply to
Anonymous