Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Igniter works,pilot works but main burners wont ignite on Ultr SX 80
new inducer fan so igniter and pilot are on.I dont think gas is coming for main burners.What controls maim burners?

Inducer fan motor would not come on so i replaced it on a older Armstong Ultra SX 80
Electronic igniter comes on then pilot lights but burners will not ignite.We have not used it in 10 years and decided to this year as my mother is coming up. Any help would be great.

i was told that my jotul lillehammer gas stove is kaput..
can i buy a replacement unit for the inside of the stove, rather than having to replace the whole thing. the cast iron part of the stove is fine as is the gas exhaust fixtures...is there somewhere to...

error code 31, furnace runs only when door is off.
two year old Bryant furnace has an error code 31, furnace runs only when door is off.

What could be causing my Trane XL80 transformer to keep shorting out?
I just bought a Trane XL80 dual stage furnace, I ran 18-5 thermostat wire and used all five wires, I have been through two transformers due to them shorting out. Could using the blue and green wires...
1
1

we have a trane heat pump furnace (1year old) that wasn't putting out any heat
we also have a honeywell vision pro series with redlink thermostat. I switched the thermostat from heat to emergency heat and it heated the house back up. I want to know if it's safe to run the...

thermodisc size on furnace
I have a 1977 bdp furance. Blower runs continous, changed the limit switch. The thermodisc was bad no number on it. What size of thermodisc need.

My Lochinvar boiler doesn't produce enough heat
The issue is pretty simple; the fix may not be. The system is brand new; the water temp in both zones is too low to adequately heat the home. The most useful answer would be: how do you increase the...

Camray Quartet problem
I have a camray quartet oil fired boiler. The thermostat relay on the wall keeps clicking. If the boiler should be off it will switch it on for a short time (15 - 30 seconds) then go off. This repeats...

Where's the orfice on dearborn heaters
No further details provided

2 furnaces together in attic?
I am looking to purchase home, and upon looking in attic, there are 2 side by side furnaces. What is a set-up like this called and is this a normal thing. Unit connects to one single duct system. One...

Heating an outdoor closet
How do I safely heat an outside utility/trash closet? The closet is located in a outside foyer. A water line for an outdoor spigot runs thru the wall. It has frozen several times. I've had extra...
1
1

emergency heat light blinks
No further details provided
1
1

do you push the damper control left or right to close the flue with this insert?
No further details provided

furnace blower doesn't turn off. code for high limit switch. capacitor OK
my furnace will come on when calling for heat. It starts fine but may not fully reach temperature prior to trying to shut off. Once the flame is out the blower keeps running over the 90 second shut...