Subject Author Posted Replies

tomato in driveway
I was taking out the garbage and there was a tomato in the driveway. Decent size, but green. I was up 5-0 but apparently no shutout this year. I may have to go Doc Ellis on the squirrels. It rained...
13
13

wild flowers
I have an area of established wild grassland that I would like to plant with wildflowers. I do not want to cut it back due to other flowers growing there. area is about 150 square mts. Would I be...
2
2

more grapes vs better grapes
Hello, I'm growing grapes. Several websites advise me to prune leaves from the grapevine, in order to produce more grapes. I'm not interested in more grapes; I want better grapes. My naive guess is...
4
4

what is shelf life?
Spinosad shelf life? http://www.jlgardencenter.com/uploads/handouts/Spinosad.pdf
1
1

Ping George
My 20 year old Sears push mower finally died so it was time for a new one, ordered this, like the Honda engine: While at the site I noticed riding mowers and remembered you need one. This is a good...

Potting soil vs garden soil
... how big is this planter and what is going to be growing in it? if you aren't growing things that need depth you can fill the bottom of the planter with lighter materials (or use empty milk and...
14
14

New tools
Anybody happen to see this article in the NY Times about [purportedly]ergonomic -- easy to use -- garden tools? or My tools go back to the Pleistocene (so does my budget!) but I'm curious if NG...
3
3

cucumber leaves turning yellow
Cucumbers leaves have started to turn yellow....noticed some aphids and sprayed a couple of times with neem oil, but still looking about the same... anything more I can do? I only saw aphids on a...
1
1

harry lauder walking stick
i have a Harry Lauder walking stick for about 10 yrs.,this year it's not as full of leaves as other years ,but it has a lot of leaves on the bottom and middle,i hope it's not dying ,i always remove...
1
1

kumquat tree
Many small citrus trees are mighty hardy, actually. I transplanted one (Meyer lemon) a couple of months ago as ants had gotten into the pot and I didn't want them there. I basically soaked every drop...
6
6

A competition - know your neighbours
aphid. not sure, very red sap. not sure, likely female. emitting defensive substances. but i like thinking they are jets. songbird
5
5

flower pics, etc.
finally had a bit of cloudy and rainy weather yesterday and i was caught up on the chores so had a bit of time to edit and upload pictures... a few wormie pictures: (the rest under: pea mutation:...
5
5

Dwarf apple tree
Hello there friends, Just joined Garden Banter and it looks like an exciting forum. I posted this on another gardening forum but it did not attract any replies. Maybe there is no answer or treatment...
6
6

Dymondia - slow spreading?
I'm researching very flat ground cover for a path to a rarely-used gate. Dymondia looked like a winner until I got to the part where it's supposed to spread slowly. The path is approx 3' x 6' +- I...

Question about an orange tree
Hello All, I have a question regarding an orange plant that I have in my garden. It is planted in the ground (i.e., it is not in a pot). It is about three years old. The plant has not grown at all in...
7
7