Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawn Dilemma
Hi, Due to construction projects on two consecutive years, my lawn is a complete disaster. Because I didn't want to start grass in the middle of the summer, large portions of the lawn were left bare...
4
4

Curry tree sapling, can I save it from fungus?
Hi folks, Gardening in San Jose, California -- USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 16. Sieven months ago my wife bought a curry tree (Murraya koenigii) by mail order from a nursery in Southern California, along...
10
10

Ping Charlie and Billy
UN Expert Seeks to Halt Biofuel Output By EDITH M. LEDERER Associated Press Writer Oct 26th, 2007 | UNITED NATIONS -- A U.N. expert on Friday called the growing practice of converting food crops into...
10
10

YAY!!! It's raining!!!!
Finally!! Blessed rain!! Many wells have run dry and many more have been sputtering, but, thankfully, it's raining now. The local forecast is calling for rain through Saturday afternoon. We received 4...
11
11

question for winter/baby indoor plants
I have germinated several Catalpa tree seeds, and am also germinating Moscheutos Hibiscus and a Paulownia (I know) tree. We are in the country and have a very large lot in back, maybe an acre, where I...
2
2

Plastic raised bed borders
Anybody know where I can get these? I ordered some last year from Garden Supply, but they don't show them any longer on their Web site. These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can be sawed like...
15
15

tree problems to address
The same problems over and over again. The message is the same.
19
19

Winter Depression in the midwest and saving my garden
Hello everyone, I live in an apartment building in the midwest. Like many people, I get the blues when the sun isn't out as often. But I also get the blues because the landscape changes drastically....
1
1

How do I level a 2 acre field?
I've recently moved into a house with a largish garden and am looking to landscape a 2 acre paddock alongside. The paddock has 1 large trench down it, around 4ft deep and 12ft wide running about 100...
17
17

Water temps in greenhouse
I just put in a 9x12 greenhouse. Water is plumbed directly inside with a dual carbon filtration system. I usually water with a spray wand, but it seems like the ground water temps in January are going...
1
1

Rhizosphaera Needle Cast on Blue Spruces
Hi all. Newbie of sorts here. I live in an area with several blue spruces in my yard. I've determined that they have Rhizospahera Needle Cast, per an Adobe file found on the internet. My question is...

Please help identify this lawn-looking weed. Thanks.
found above lawn-looking THING in our garden for awhile now and we are tired of picking it out and putting new seed on. Can somebody please identify what this is and recommand me what weed- control...
3
3

Vertical vs Drum Core Aeration for Lawns
The local golf courses use a core aerating machine attached to a tractor in which the plugs are pulled straight up and down and it does a great job of pulling plugs and leaving the turf with minimal...
5
5

My tomato is flowering .. =(
This should be a cause to rejoice, however it's happening four days after I transplanted the seedlings. Yes, the plant has grown considerably, but should it be flowering already? I haven't added any...
7
7

2 questions: HID wavelength and low-e glass
I have a variety of tropical plants that I put out in the summer and bring in during the winter (lemon, lime, mango, guava, pineapple, banana, avacado, and more) in Michigan. I have two projects under...