Subject Author Posted Replies

Fertilising bulbs
It's Sping flowering bulb time here in the southern hemisphere and I'm wondering if I can use a chemical fertilser that says it's for flowers and fruit on the daffodil/jonquil bulbs that are flowering...
3
3

OT: Anti-virus
Traffic being a little light, I venture to launch a request for anti-virus recommendations. I am unloading Avast. Below, a mere sketch of performance : I had been using Avast, though their customer...
12
12

cat burglar
7
7

Dennis The Menace
|carousel|dl1 The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos.
1
1

Can I freeze Zukes?
Hi All, I may be getting way ahead of myself -- black thumb and all -- but if I happen to actually grow more zukes that my wife and I can eat, can I chop them up, toss them in a zip lock bag, and...
9
9

Out of phase ?
Curious whether other experienced home gardeners are observing same phenome non: Last year or two -- most notable this year -- things are not happened when they're 'posed to. Have not collected exact...
15
15

OT: Wireless Roku
OK, this is far from gardening, but people on this NG are generally clued in and not easily fooled by ad PR. (Drum roll): I gave up cable early this year and have only OTA to receive 3 PBS channels....
3
3

two garlic questions:
Hi All, Exciting. Well Exciting for me! I dug up my first three garlic bulbs from last year's planting. Got them tied up and hanging in the garage. They have pretty red wrappers too! And they didn't...
14
14

what kind of trees?
was at a friends house today and she has some trees in her yard she is trying to identify..... any help appreciated. Photobucket http://s984.photobucket.com/user/cheapdave/library/?sort=3
10
10

photinia red robin no longer produces red leaves
I have a rather large one which got a bit out of hand so a couple of years ago I cut the sides and top quite then any new growth has been at best a sort of greeny pink colour but certainly not the...
1
1

When pick oranges?
Don't sneer; I really do not know whether I am supposed to wait until they "yield to the touch, or WHAT! There are 3 big orange oranges on my dwarf Washington. Have been that way for, h, probably...
3
3

Racoons in sweet corn - how to NOT
What are some ways to keep racoons out of my ripening sweet corn? I don't have enough plants to share beyond the ears they have already destroyed!@!
20
20

Paleo diet cartoon
Not to resucitate (ap?) the "paleo diet" thread, heaven forbid, but there's a funny cartoon about it in the new New Yorker cartoon Web site. Third cartoon. HB http://tinyurl.com/lgw8o5x
31
31

Goofy Posters
Good-bye. I don't like filtering folks who occasionally have good info, but nowadays a few insulting posts and they are history. When I was younger, I used to think everyone has something worthwhile...
2
2

Ersatz polinators?
We see almost no real honey bees in our garden 'til late summer, early fall when the sedum blooms, when they practically swarm. However, we see lot of other bugs doing what appears to be exactly the...
3
3