Subject Author Posted Replies

can i get help here...new
hello all, i have joined this forum to be my help for this year of gardening!! i have a long garden which needs some attention the main problem i have at the moment is ''poo'' from cat/fox on my grass...
1
1

Homes & Gardens 2008
NORTH WEST HOME AND GARDEN SHOW 2008 17th & 18th May ECHO Arena, Liverpool featuring celebrity guests TV Chef Jean-Christophe Novelli Gardening expert Charlie Dimmock DIY guru Craig Phillips and well...

Daffodil bulbs planting question
Last fall I was given a bag of Daffodil bulbs. Last fall I also had major surgery so I never got the bulbs in the ground. They are still sitting in my garage and a few of them are starting to sprout I...
8
8

plant name?
Hello, sorry for the newbie question, and I have tried to find the answer myself, but I wonder if you all could help me come up with the name of this plant. It's a very popular landscape plant here in...
1
1

Attn: Ann...Is This Close to Your Recipe
On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:31:45 -0400, Ann in a.b.p.g interested Charlie with this yummy bit of info: Does this sound anything like what you do? if not, this sounds darn good to me. I am *so* unlearned...
5
5

foliage color of canna?
Hello, I've seen photos of durban canna, which range from green to brown to striped to magenta. Can all of these be the same variety? (They all have the same name: "durban".) If so, how does a...
3
3

smoke tree
Have a big smoke tree in front of the house, but only the west-facing main brances are still alive, couple of big branches are dead (hard to tell from any distance!). Any chance of new growth there,...
8
8

is moss growth bad for tulips?
Hello, I am growing some tulips in a pot. the tulips are about to bloom. but one of the pots has got some moss growth and the moss is spreading. I removed the moss a few days back but it grew back. Is...
3
3

broadcast spreader repair
End of last fall season I acquired a used Scotts broadcast spreader (at the curb on trash day). The rotating mechanism is corroded and hard to turn. Yesterday I decided it's time to work on it and see...
5
5

Storm-damaged trees need special TLC
QUESTION: "Last week, during a storm, a 40-ft. limb was ripped down from an 80-ft tree, leaving a hole about 5-ft. diameter. Should I seal this somehow?" RaDonna ANSWER: It sounds as though your tree...
6
6

FAO Billy & Charlie
look! a bright spot on the horizon (maybe) Higher costs for staple foods could spark a national conversation about why inexpensive food is not really such a bargain after all. Higher costs for staple...
10
10

Need help identifying South Florida sTrAnGe plant - Pod Pictures!!!
A co-worker called me over the begining if the week and asked if I could identify something for him. He had what looked like a seed pod from a plant he found near the beach in the Sarasota area of...
3
3

Bee plague worsening, anxious keepers say
"The USDA projection is that 40 percent of our vegetables will be from China by 2012." 40% ???? Are you kidding me? In just 4 years? China doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to the...
7
7

OT...For Billy, Bill and Other Interested Parties...Zinn Special
Sorry, this is OT, but of interest to some. Master Zinn has a new work out. Interesting format. Video preview, of sorts, and jpgs of format. http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
2
2

So.......Outdoor Kitty Kills a Songbird.....
Hmmmm, well now. Outdoor cats kill songbirds. And shit where we don't want them to shit. And stink things up with their stink juice. Sorry folks, it ain't only the cats that are responsible for...