Subject Author Posted Replies

Effective ways to turn grass weeds into compost
Hi, I've got a bit of the kikuyu grass well as other weeds in my lawn. The council planted it as the common nature strip grass and some of it has gotten into my garden. They grow very quickly - and...
3
3

Buxus pruning
I've just bought my first buxus and was wondering if there's a good or bad time to prune them into shape? Also, are they best left in the pot or put into the ground? Thanks
1
1

Issai Kiwi -- Will It Recover?
In 2006 I got a female Issai kiwi vine, which is self-fertile and produces the small, hairless kiwis that are about the size and color of green grapes. These vines are less vigorous than the fuzzy...
1
1

Salvaging - A Closer Look
So called "SALVAGE and RESTORATION (of a forest) by my good friend critic from - Texas Don Staples who keeps taking me to task is addressed here. As the story goes with respect to the plight of the...
62
62

Cream Magic Daylily
I am look for a place to purchase a Cream Magic Daylily. Any help would be appreciated.
5
5

madgardening in the green bowl lately
Howdy friends! Maddie peering over the back fence and looking to see what you all are growin' in your gardens. It's been wonderful summer weather here lately. Rains have moved in and doused the area...
1
1

Troy Bilt problem
I'm writing this via Google Groups because Time Warner Cable decided we no longer need Newsgroups. What a pain. I was on here a little while back asking about getting a new belt for my Pony model. The...
6
6

These Hellebore “ladies” arrive early, stay late
The height of summer might be an odd time to be thinking of winter but that is just what I was doing the other day. Cheryl and I were looking at some of our Hellebores and I was reminded that these...

Another tree question
Know its normal for trees to sprout leaves in the middle of major branch or trunk during a drought. Thanks, Jang. Another live oak question in the wild. Last fall, cut back and some down, some...
7
7

Wound Dressing for TREES
Wound Dressing was studied by mycologist, tree biologist, chemist and so forth by the US FOREST SERVICE researchers. Here at the bottom of the page is a publication titled WOUND DRESSINGS: RESULTS OF...
13
13

HELP!! tomatos, NOT
I planted two tomato plants I got from Walmart recently. They both had blossoms but no fruit!, It's been some tinme now, and the plants are big and leafy, but no more blossoms, and no fruit. I live in...
9
9

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, #10 for Rachael
To the best of our knowledge, this is at least family #10 for Rachael. Our raccoon family continues to provide unending photo ops. This week we have her sending the kids out to play and then marching...
1
1

garden tiller lube type?
Hi, folks. I have a small Mantis gas tiller and want to change out the worm gear lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this? What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid...
1
1

My first post
Hi guys, Bought my first house and spent a few quid getting the garden sorted which included levelling out the lawn and returfing it. At first, the grass looked great but, a month later or so, there...
21
21