Subject Author Posted Replies

Creating dead zone around AC unit
My central air conditioning unit is located in a spot where the eaves are so deep that even after lots of rain, it's still bone dry, but bindweed finds the area delightful and it's eating my air...
25
25

How is your weather?
We just had or should say are having a weird wet spring. Dew point mid 60's and rain almost every day for about the 40. Never saw moss grow so well. My stone driveway has moss. Moles /voles are...
13
13

Dwarf Arborvitae Spacing
I am planning a small border of 2 Holmstrup Eastern Arborvitae (Dwarf Arborvitae that gets only 6 feet tall) and 2 Rose Of Sharons. I want to alternate the Arborvitaes and the Rose Of Sharons and I'd...
5
5

Off Topic post dealing with Diabetes
....................... This is association, not established causation. Susan Artificial Sweeteners Linked to Two-Fold Increase in Diabetes People who use artificial sweeteners are heavier, more...
2
2

recent red twig showing little
Its about 4 feet high, recently planted over a month ago...i noticed this morning little white buds ...its hard to describe...is this normal?
2
2

What is kitchen gardening.
can anyone tell me how can i establish my kitchen gardening.what type of the plant can i grow in my kitchen garden.
4
4

Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!
Every year, we try to do the cycle of Scotts Fertilizers on our lawn ( Crabgrass Fertilizer, Weed Control Fertilizer, Summerguard Fertilizer, Regular Fertilizer, and Winterguard Fertilizer), and...
31
31

Elicheer Daffodils
My daffodils are in full bloom at present having started about 6 weeks ago. They are filling the air with amazing perfume and are growing strongly looking really good. To the best of my knowledge my...
2
2

Cuttings from Prunus
I am looking for some help on taking cuttings from Prunus Rotundifolia bushes. I have two fairly mature plants and wanted to take some cuttings from them. I'm not sure what to do so was looking for...

OT Yea I know Michael passed but so did Willie Mays
This guy may have turned on more folks to a weird way of catching fly balls. Still honest and admirable. Bill
3
3

NYT article on lighting bugs
May disappear at any time. Bill
3
3

Non-Garden tools
As I was cleaning cobwebs off the edge and underside of the verandah this morning, I realised that the tool I use for the job was a bit unusual because it's a toilet brush. It works brilliantly as the...
15
15

Greenwood Nursery Sales
Buy One Get One Free... an up to 60% off Clearance Sale days left of Spring Shipping! Hurry while supplies last!
1
1

Landscape tips for a faster home sale
If you are hoping to sell your house during these challenging economic times, remember the old saying: you never get a second chance to make a first impression. When it comes to real estate, that=92s...
1
1

little leaf linden
I have little leaf linden tree,some of the leaves have little red raised "wart" ,anybody know about this,anybody have a linden tree? thanks
1
1