Subject Author Posted Replies

Pruning a Yucca by chopping the trunk in half!!
Hi, as from my previous thread, I've got a Yucca that's very deformed. I posted a question about lopping off the deformed branches, and I had a mixed bag of answers. Then I came acaross the link...

Hebe
I planted this gorgeous New Zealand shrub by the side porch (Eastern exposure) , but it is getting too big for the site. I would like to move it out front (Northern exposure) where I need a big plant....
2
2

Herbs doing too well
How do I prune or deadhead? Herbs I planted sage, thyme, parsley, basil, mint, oregano. And hardly ever use them!! By the time I remember, I'm through with the tomato sandwich, e.g. How much can I,...
14
14

Euphorbia millii
Yo, experts! I just bought an (expensive!!!) Euphorbia millii at my local nursery. The salesperson said to hardly ever water it. Too much water and it will get rot. I was very surprised, so I need...

Where is everyone
Putting their gardens to bed or waking them up, depending on location. I'm still working on what will be a multiyear project of redoing my major bed. Cheryl Southern NH
13
13

Planting Wildflower Seeds ??
Ok, so I want to have a very small area, perhaps 150 square feet, in an area that is now grassed. I plan to sow heavy with a mixed wildflower seed. Before seeding, I plan to put down about 3 inches of...
6
6

winter brook flowers
Hi, I'm a graphic design student looking for some advice if anyone can help. I am looking for some examples of winter flowering plants that might be found (in the UK) next to (or in) running water?...

Mystery Bird
A few months ago somone posted a picture of a bird they wanted identified, I think it was posted here. Yesterday the same bird (well not the same bird, one like it) was in my back yard right outside...

Beautiful day
It's a beautiful day The right amount of breeze The air feels just right Dragonfly's are flying everywhere Two box turtles are roaming the garden Birds are singing A neighbor is riding his horse along...
2
2

Ralph Snodsmith
What ever happened to Ralph on The Garden Hotline, WOR, New York radio?
1
1

Broadcast spreader
My $40 Scotts broadcast spreader is going to the trash heap, never again will buy a Scotts product. This spreader is literally falling apart and I have kept good care of it. I'm looking for a new walk...
8
8

Japanese Garden Pictures - Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
One of my favorite parts about visiting Buenos Aires was going to the "Jardin Japones" (Japanese Garden) attraction located in the upscale neighborhood of Palermo. It's a very tranquil place, which is...

Please look at this, much appreciated.
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to seek some guidance with regards a project I am undertaking for my final year at College/Sixth Form. I don't think that I chose the correct area...
5
5

Winter rye cover crop
I am in zone 5 and have question about cover crop.......I have small garden, about 800 sq ft.....about 300 sq ft is now available for planting, and I have just planted winter rye as a cover crop/green...
6
6

No cantaloupes or watermelons
Because of some health reasons, I did not get a good start on my gardening until late this year. I do hope to use the next cool months to get things ready for next year and get a jump on things. All...
16
16