Subject Author Posted Replies

Holes in the yard
oh, oh. Am getting golfball sized holes in the yard. Mostly the grass, and some in the potted plants. It doesn't look like tunnels, as far as I can tell. There are more and more everyday. What is it?...
18
18

Pruning Fruit Trees in Puglia
Can anyone tell me when is the best time to prune young fruit trees in Puglia, Southern Italy - right down the bottom of the heel of the boot! We have young orange, grapefruit, peach, apricot and...
5
5

Viburnum Nana help please
My 12+ year old Viburnum Nana has shed all it's leaves already. When I knelt to get a closer look, it has what appears to galls or cankers all over the base of the stems. Any thoughts on the problem -...
7
7

Leveling ground under grass?
This summer we laid sod in our backyard and we prepped/flattened the sod underneath, but we were in a rush to try and finish some things up before it started raining and I guess we walked on it too...
20
20

Rose feed
From a bed of around 100 hybrid rose bushes, this year again I have lost about ten plants, this after a rather poor flowering season. The bed is well covered with forest bark but which I feel is not...
10
10

Can You ID This Plant?
I am trying to find the name of this particular plant, which are grown in abundance around my neighborhood. Anybody know? second image in particular shows what I hate about them: the tips of the...
5
5

Food guide worth a look
........................ I found it useful. Bill

Selecting fruit for seeds
When selecting fruits, cucumbers in this case, does it matter if the fruit is not the best the vine has produced? I have my last cucs coming in now. I plan to save some seeds for next year. But they...
1
1

Cheap Seeds
Dear all, sorry for this marketing email but I have just started a new job at a Garden Centre, and becoming very interested in Gardening now. We are now offering free postage on all of our seeds...

apple trees from seed
I found a couple of old apple trees that produced the best apples I had since a child. I have always wanted to try planting apple seeds and now with these two wonderful apple seeds, I did just that. I...
42
42

Some tree foliage time-lapse movies
In its second year, my foliage time-lapse photography project is finally getting to be good enough to have an audience beyond my wife and my mom. It's at Packer http://cpacker.org/trees--
2
2

Unwanted Mushrooms
I so wish some one can help me with this awful problem. About 4 years ago I had to have a huge Norway Maple cut down on my front lawn. (A strong windstorm had blown most of the branches down onto my...
3
3

EC and Potting Soil
Hi, I would like to know what the correct EC is for the potting soil of various plants. Is there any website that has this information? Thanks
7
7

Tree Has Reddish "Golf Balls" Somethings Appearing: What Are They ?
Hi, Live outside of Boston. Have this tree in my front yard about 20 feet tall or so. Have no idea what it is. Has pointed leaves, no cones. Moved in about 4 yrs ago, and tree was like, well, just...
19
19

How to kill plants in a narrow space?
Both my neighbor and mine had erected a fence along our property. They had a vinyl fence, and since code specified a fence cannot be directly built on the property line but must be set 6" back...
17
17