Writing Contest: How to Repel Dog Owners

Larry Blanchard in news:2ouil5Fefp03U3@uni- berlin.de:

[edited]
Reply to
Gardñ

"Felice Friese" in news:zdsWc.31068$9d6.11849 @attbi_s54:

except the tag removal...

Reply to
Gardñ

"Doug Kanter" in news:bZsWc.2111$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

what about the dog?

either way, the owner isn't qualified ot 'own' pets.

Reply to
Gardñ

Sheila in news: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net:

caught hte dog without being bitten?

and send it on it's way. Then he

maybe xpost the OP to a dog newsgroup

Reply to
Gardñ

"Crimson Castle" in news:hc3Xc.7260$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

AU$ or US$?

i think out animal control charges more than 25 US

Gardñ

"Doug Kanter" in news:s_sWc.2112$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

you live in beverly hills? pacific palisades?

Reply to
Gardñ

"Doug Kanter" in news:SRHWc.2216$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

sometimes wishful thinking :-)

Reply to
Gardñ

"Doug Kanter" in news:rqHWc.2214$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Gardñ

Yep, no problem.

Reply to
Sheila

A neighbor tried that with the original dog catcher, who said it wasn't valid evidence. This was another factor that led to the cop being "reoriented" by the town justice. The neighbor actually followed the dog, on video, and taped it going back into its owner's house. :-)

I wouldn't trust GWB to clean my friggin' toilet correctly.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Ummm.....no. But thanks for stopping by.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

People kill all sorts of pests without thinking twice. Rats, mice, mosquitoes, gophers....they're all on someone's list when convenient. Dogs are at the top of MY list, along with mosquitoes.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The vast majority of dogs will run away, based on my experience. Remember: A dog that roams is just two steps away from being defined as "ferile".

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Been there, done that. The law consists of two main points. First, like most other places, the first however many feet belongs to the town. Second, no dumping or damage of any kind is permitted. Reason (per the town justice): Maintenance is the responsibility of the homeowner, which extends certain "private usage rights", as he called it. These rights mean that in certain instances, the law treats the easement as being private property.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

How about: This ground may be treated with chemicals which may be harmful to pets. For their safty, please keep them off the grounds.

Reply to
Philip Lewis

That could work. To be sure, I could walk around the lawn with a spreader full of bird seed, wearing one of those masks you use when spraying oil-based paint. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

only two obvious ones: "I want to (go out when it's dark) and (smell the moonflowers.)" "When it's dark, I want to (go out and smell the moonflowers)."

Reply to
Philip Lewis

If you can catch the dog to tie it to the garage door and take the tag off, then you would be able to tie tin cans around the tail to scare it off instead. Neighbor's dogs will usually come to me.

Reply to
Sheila

You rearranged things a bit, but the meaning is still there. Here's the meaning which is NOT there, no matter how the words are arranged:

"I want to spend an unpredictable, but possibly very inconvenient amount of time, and possibly money cleaning my shoes and carpets after I've enjoyed a few minutes outside with the flowers."

And, something implied: "I do NOT want to spend 5 minutes with a large flashlight, making sure my lawn's not a minefield on the way to the flowers".

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Tin cans scare dogs? I'll add that to the list. I just came up with another creative idea. It might be fun to keep an electric hair trimmer on premises, just for dogs. If I catch one, I can shave messages in its fur.

"My owner has sex with children!" "My owner has sex with ME!" "My owner beats his wife!"

Harmless for the dog, fun for me. For the owner: Priceless! The dog won't leave the house for at least a month or two.

Reply to
Doug Kanter