Who can identify these yellow flowers?

Hi everyone!

I've recently come in the possession of a painting that contains a vase with yellow flowers, and I'd like to know what kind of flowers they are.

If you have a second, please check out

and tell me your (educated) guess. :)

Regards, Evert Meulie

Reply to
Evert Meulie

kinda hard to tell from the painting (which is very lovely!!) but looks almost like tansy.

Reply to
Tina Gibson

Do you mean these:

?

I can see some similarity, I don't think they're the same... The tansy seems to have its buds closer together than the kind on the painting...

Thank you for your swift reply though! :)

Any more/other suggestions?

Regards, Evert Meulie

Reply to
Evert Meulie esq.

PS. Click on the image to make it bigger... :)

Reply to
Evert Meulie esq.

If the painter is from the warmer climes, probably an acacia (wattle).

Gene Newcomb

"Evert Meulie esq." wrote:

Reply to
Gene Newcomb

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef

  • + + My first impression was Acacia, some species of which are cultivated in fairly temperate regions:

this would require the foliage to be from a separate plant or the painter to be unfaithful, neither of which can be precluded PvR

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel

Try

Dealbata (Mimosa)

Reply to
David Hill

My first impression, too, was Acacia, Then I thought maybe Podocarpus. Now I can't decide :-)

elizabeth

Reply to
Elizabeth

The painting is signed with 'Latour'. This makes me believe it's either an original or a copy of a work by Henri Fantin-Latour (

), a French painter.

Greetings, Evert Meulie

Reply to
Evert Meulie esq.

Wattle

Reply to
Peter Jason

Certainly acacia. Certainly not dealbata, may be retinoides, because leaves Marcel Roche

"Evert Meulie" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org...

Reply to
marcel.roche2

You might be right here... It does look quite a bit like the various images of wattle I have found on the Internet. If only I'd be able to find the painting in some catalogue, then the 'mystery' would be solved quickly I'd think...

Regards, Evert

Reply to
Evert Meulie esq.

I did send before saying Mimosa, You say the painting is French........well for many years the French sent "Mimosa" to the UK as a cut flower from around February. The plant in question is Acacia dealbata "Silver Wattle" see

David Hill