What type of tree is this

Hello Can you tell me what type of tree this is in the picture is below Distinctive feature are these round hard balls/shells growing on the branches fall on the floor. I thought it was a pine tree but not sure

[image:
Many thanks in advance
Reply to
gardenquestions

Looks like cypress, Arizona Cypress, maybe?

"gardenquestions" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk...

Reply to
Don Staples

[image:
gardenquestions

"gardenquestions" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk...

Sorry, doesn't help, but, appears an English site. Perhaps a continental cypress of some nature.

Reply to
Don Staples