What's the best garden hose reel that money can buy?

Appreciate any help. I'm tired of the cheap hose reels that crack and break after a year or so. Thanks!

Reply to
njbruin

After going through several cheap plastic hose reels, we got a metal one at Costco this year. The thing is all metal and is built like a tank. It has four pneumatic tires, a hose reel, and two baskets to hold accessories. It cost $56 and was well worth the price.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Many thanks for your help!!!

Reply to
njbruin

I have two commercial reels originally used to reel up 1 1/4" fire hose, so they will hold approximately 200 feet of 5/8 or 3/4 inch garden hose really easy. They are not fancy, but basic steel disks with rolle dedges and a drum with a swivel joint for wate rflow into the hose through the drum. Have em over 15 years and have yet to have a problem.....Paid $5.00 each at a salvage yard for em and they were like new. One i have mojnted on the privacy fence the other is mounted on a small utility trailer for behind the garden tractor, but it can easily be wheeled aropuind by hand if need be. I also got tired of wresting with hoses, hose hangers and plastic junk. I like hose hangers for hoses 25 feet or so in length but over that they get old quick Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Check out the "Rapid Reel" brand at:

're sold by quite a few places, including amazon.com. I have one of the CT series (2-wheel cart) and really like it. It's very sturdy.

Reply to
Ermalina