What do i need to ensure when re locating a 9ft cordyline tree?

I have never done this before.?

Somebody has been kind enough to give me a huge 9 ft cordyline tree and of course this means re locating it into my garden. I want to ensure that the tree stays alive once it is in its new home so what do i need to be aware of? How can i give it the best chance of survival?

Reply to
paterson00

g'day paterson,

too easy hey mate?

need a bit of a root ball taken when soil dampish so soil hangs onto roots, say no more than up to 6"s outside the diamter of the base. i ahd one that big given me with very little root attached and it grew easy peasy. remember they do grow easily from cuttings so that may give you some insight?

anyhow then the tree is down cut off all leaves except for the growing tip stick it in the ground and keep it watered unti it takes a few weeks tops, depending it may need staking for support??

almost can't killem with a braod axe hey lol.

snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len gardener