Well, I tried to get into the garden today

But I was buzzed by mosquitoes the size of helicopters. The daylilies are in bloom and I just got my first spray of sweetpeas.

Cheryl Isaak

thank god we don't have the 'skeeters as bad this year. that's the only good thing about the lack of rain here. normally, the 'skeeters are really bad here to, can chalk that up to living along the river. lilies have been in bloom for a week, and peas, squash, and cukes have been coming off for about 2 weeks now.

still wish you could send me some rain though - but you can keep the 'skeeters! lol

rae

Reply to
rachael simpson

Wish I could get fresh cukes - I'm craving some home made gazpacho!

I feel bad - DD is at camp for the week and there is supposed to be rain every day this week.

Cheryl Isaak

What is "rain"?

This was the driest rain-year in southern California since record-keeping began. (West of the Rocky Mountains, most rain falls in the winter. Thus, rain years are reckoned from July to June or (by some agencies) from October to September.) Los Angeles had 3.21 inches since July 2006.

Where I live, the last measurable rain was 20 April. We probably won't see rain again until late October or even November.

Reply to
David E. Ross