Water/dew drops covering grape vines...

We've had some dry weather, and today I soaked much of the garden. Mid afternoon I noticed,clear egg-like drops hanging on the green vines of the grapes. I immediately thought they were eggs of some bug, even spotted a ladybug on the vine too. I took a paper towel and started brushing them off. That's when I realized they were absolutely everywhere. Every green vine had them, even some of the veins under the leaves had a few. The more I brushed them off the damper the paper towel became. Then I realized they were water/sap.

So is this normal or did I over do the watering?

The ground has very good drainage and there is no standing water. Any watering I do gets absorbed quickly. I don't recall seeing this last year.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY,

Reply to
DigitalVinyl

Quite normal, called "guttation" when excess water comes out the "hydathodes". Other times the water is lost as vapor through transpiration and you don't see it.

Reply to
bamboo

Thank you... perfect answer. Another day...Another thing learned. DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY,

Reply to
DigitalVinyl