Vine type advice

Hello,

I am new to this NG. I have a 5 Ft high page wire fence that runs for aproximately 175 feet. I want to put in a "hardy" leafy perenial vine that will offer some sort of privacy. What would you use and how far would you plant them apart for maximum privacy? I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Thanks for any replies.....Jim

Reply to
Jimi

"Jimi" news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

That's a fairly long stretch of fence. Do you get much sun? My first thought is English Ivy but I would need more particulars. I've got a very slow going vine called 5 Leaf Akeebia. It is really sturdy but a very slow grower. If you get a bit of sun, even dappled shade I would maybe go for the Virginia Creeper. They are very hardy here in St. Louis and the fall foilage is very attractive.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Hi Jim Get some Virginia Creepers in 1 gal pots. Plant them on 18" centers.

Derryl Killan Calgary

Reply to
Derryl Killan

Reply to