Variegated ID help ?? >>>>>>>

I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves like a rubber plant.

dime on the leaf is for scale.

chaz

Reply to
chaz

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

Reply to
Toni

Ok, so im a moron! :) thanks for the help...............

Reply to
chaz

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me, too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

Reply to
Fragile "Joseph" Warrior

You know, I am the same way, I have plants that I wouldnt really care for if they were variegated. I LOVE my pink and white variegated african violets.

Reply to
chaz

Oh, yeah. The pink and white leaved violets (especially with ruffles or in the mini size) are my most fav. I just had a lovely outside bush that had lovely pink/white varigation in the new growth and someone (who didn't like it) cut it down. WAHHH!!!

Reply to
Fragile "Joseph" Warrior

Nobody was born knowing any of this stuff- we all had to pick it up somewhere. Welcome to gardening

Reply to
Toni

Both. A rubber plant is a type of ficus, ficus elastica.

Reply to
Suzy O