string trimmer wheels

I love these!

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Pavlovic

People who spam should be shot.

Reply to
Travis

You can do a nice job easily with a soft-steel scythe (low carbon steel takes a very sharp edge, though you have to sharpen it often)

Just put the point between building and grass you want to trim, and pull forward and away from the building. It takes out a foot or so out at a time. No great swing is necessary; it works by being almost razor sharp.

No gasoline, no noise.

I got my blade at

though the snath I already had from elsewhere. You also need a sharpening stone and peening jig; sharpening is part of using it. He has some deal on a complete outfit.

I find it enjoyable, and have dedicated my drainage ditch out front to scythe lawn-cutting; and go out occasionally and trim up some more of it, just for the entertainment.

Seymour makes snaths and scythe blades, but the blades are high-carbon steel and don't take the necessary edge to do grass. The scythesupply blades sort of fit the Seymour snath but you have to wedge in a bit of wood to compensate for the key not fitting all the way into the hole; I'd get the sycthesupply snath if I were doing it over.

(snath=the long oddly shaped handle the blade goes into, its odd shape making the blade come out exactly parallel to the ground with no effort on your part holding it there.)

Reply to
Ron Hardin