Some transplanting advice, please

I have a small group of crocuses and some other small yellow perennial flower(see post in GardenBanter.co.uk forum » Gardening Discussions » Garden Photos ) that I would like to transplant. They are currently near a walk that must be replaced. Any advice as to the best way to do this would be most appreciated. I could use advice in the areas of, but not limited too: Best time of day, best time of year, proper tools, and post-transplant care. I would really hate to see these flowers get destroyed, and would like to enjoy them again next year, but in a safer place. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Blackpanther

Without knowing the name of your small yellow flowers, I cant advise. But the crocuses can be replanted on another site by digging the little bulbs up, after they have finished flowering in the Spring and after allowing the strappy leaves to die down for a couple of weeks. Just replant the bulbs, using a bulb planter, available from good garden centres. Plant to a depth of 4". Good luck!

Reply to
Gilli99