solo backpack sprayer--cleaning out inlet screen???

Hello!

I have a Solo 425 Backpack Sprayer. It's worked great, but now acts like what the instruction manual says might be a "clogged inlet screen." Basically the handle only pushes down with great pressure, and nothing gets pressurized...there seems to be a clog somewhere.

The manual says this screen is located "at the bottom of the pressure cylinder on the side that faces your back" and that it can be cleaned "with a small bristle brush or discarded toothbrush." For the life of me I can't find this screen, and I can't a response from their customer service. If anyone has one of these sprayers and has found and cleaned this screen before, I'd sure appreciate some help.

Thanks so much-

Coyotefred

Reply to
coyotefred

Its location looks pretty clear in the manual.

Perhaps you need to partly disassemble the pressure cylinder.

Good luck.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says... :) Hello! :) :) I have a Solo 425 Backpack Sprayer. It's worked great, but now acts :) like what the instruction manual says might be a "clogged inlet :) screen." Basically the handle only pushes down with great pressure, :) and nothing gets pressurized...there seems to be a clog somewhere. :) :) The manual says this screen is located "at the bottom of the pressure :) cylinder on the side that faces your back" and that it can be cleaned :) "with a small bristle brush or discarded toothbrush." For the life of :) me I can't find this screen, and I can't a response from their :) customer service. If anyone has one of these sprayers and has found :) and cleaned this screen before, I'd sure appreciate some help. :) :) Thanks so much- :) :) Coyotefred :) If you haven't found out where it is yet you might post at

a number of them use back sprayers in business and even if they don't use what you have, they may be able to help you locate the screen.

Reply to
Lar

The diagram makes it look like the screen is on the outside of the tank, but I can't seen anything there. So I have to think its on the

*inside* of the tank on the side of the pressure cylinder....as for dissambling...if that was necessary wouldn't they mention that in the manual (it's not)?
Reply to
coyotefred

It is in mine.

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

Reply to
'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

Would you be willing to post what it says? Thanks!

Reply to
coyotefred

I'll scan it and send it to you if you'd like.

Hotmail address?

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

Reply to