Snowthrower reccomendation

I am leaning toward a Sam's club gardenview model for $800, but not sure. Normally I try and stick with more well knokwn name brands, but I had a problem with a new Honda lawn mower so now I wish I would have purchased a cheaper model without the name. The Gardenveiw Sam's club model is 10HP 2 stage and

10HP Tecumseh 4-cycle engine Electric start 26" clearing width 21" clearing height Convenient one-hand operation Six forward and two reverse speed selections Fully assembled Oil included in engine Electric start and chute clearing device included.

We get 100 inches a year here in the southtowns of Buffalo.

Any tips or advice before the snow gets here?

Reply to
Joseph Logan

Greetings

I got the 8 hp from Wallmart. There is two things that I wished I had purchased on the snow blower. One I should have got one with LIGHTS. Two..When you make a U turn, quite often you must turn the exhaust chute. With mine I must bend over to reach the crank that turns the snow exhaust chute. The 8 hp is sufficient for me. The new snow tires do not need chains. The electric start is GREAT.

Good luck

Reply to
gary