Small compact shredder for garden needed

I live in a mobile home, so garden space is limited, as are the leaves and things to shred. So I need something, even hand powered, for shredding small amounts, would prefer small price also. Is there anything available out there? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul

A mulching lawnmower with a bagger does a pretty good job. I don't think I'd run out and buy one just for this use, but if you already have it...

I've been getting rid of mass quantities of weeds this year by throwing them out in the lawn, them mowing them with the side discharge chute attached to the mower. The next day (so they have a chance to dry out some and shrink) I mow them again with the chute removed so it mulches them. Bushels of weeds just kind of disappear into the lawn where the earthworms can eat them -- and it's not a very big lawn.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Low powered electric shredders are a real PITA. They tend to jam easily and often will not take any stick thicker than a pencil. It takes a long time to get any volume through them as you cannot feed them fast and you are stopping often to unjam them. You would be better off hiring a good one once a year.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I just sold a 5 HP chipper shredder because it was such a pain to use. Just took way too long to get any amount at all through it. I now use an old rear bagger lawn mower that works sooooooo much better!

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN